Humana CEO sticks with Medicare focus amid funding pressure
As the federal government squeezes payments for private Medicare plans, Humana Inc. (HUM), the big health insurer most tethered to the government health program, has no plans to shift gears. Instead, the Louisville, Ky., company is pressing ahead with efforts to grow Medicare membership, while making its plans work more efficiently through methods such as providing more intense care upfront for sicker patients. Like other companies running Medicare Advantage plans, which cover more than 14 million Americans, Humana has to find ways to make a good business by doing more with less.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care