FL rejects Tenet hospital plan near Scripps
State regulators rejected Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s plans to build a research hospital in Palm Beach Gardens that was to partner with the nearby Scripps Research Institute. The Agency for Health Care Administration denied the application by the hospital company (NYSE: THC) on Thursday. The application was initially approved, but Jupiter Medical Center and West Palm Hospital, part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), won a challenge before an administrative law judge that overturned the approval. The May ruling stated there was no need for the 80-bed Florida Regional Medical Center in the area because there is plenty of capacity at existing hospitals.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law