FL rejects Tenet hospital plan near Scripps
State regulators rejected Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s plans to build a research hospital in Palm Beach Gardens that was to partner with the nearby Scripps Research Institute. The Agency for Health Care Administration denied the application by the hospital company (NYSE: THC) on Thursday. The application was initially approved, but Jupiter Medical Center and West Palm Hospital, part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), won a challenge before an administrative law judge that overturned the approval. The May ruling stated there was no need for the 80-bed Florida Regional Medical Center in the area because there is plenty of capacity at existing hospitals.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus