As clock ticks, fierce turnout effort for health law
WASHINGTON — When Denis R. McDonough, the White House chief of staff, first saw the document in a meeting in the Roosevelt Room, he immediately dispatched his aides to the West Wing basement to get copies for all of President Obama's top advisers. Royal blue and emblazoned with the White House seal, the "Official Affordable Care Act Enrollment Countdown" is a paper calendar that keeps track of the time before uninsured Americans can begin signing up for coverage under the president's signature health care law. On Tuesday, the top page said simply: "70 Days Left."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?