Opinion: What's the role of a hospital in 10 years?
Dr. Eric Topol was named #1 Most Influential Physician Executive in Healthcare of 2012 by Modern Healthcare so his views are closely watched. In addition to his role as a cardiologist, geneticist and author of the Creative Destruction of Medicine, he's also the Editor-in-Chief of Medscape (WebMD's leading physician offering). Every health system CEO I've spoken with readily admits that we've essentially had a hospital building bubble with an over-capacity of 40-50% of hospital beds as we shift from the "do more, bill more" fee-for-service system to the "no outcome, no income" fee-for-value era.
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Medicare to Finally Pay Doctors for Care They Were Giving Away
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- 3 Ways CFOs Can Help Achieve Physician Alignment
- CIOs, CMOs Share EHR, Telehealth Adoption Experiences
- Health Plans Braced for Open Enrollment
- TJC Announces 11% Increase in Top Performers
- Quality in Ambulatory Surgical Settings Gets a Closer Look