Cogent Healthcare supplier has security lapse
A security lapse by a vendor to Cogent Healthcare exposed the health information of 32,000 patients nationwide of doctors in physician groups managed by the hospitalist company. Brentwood, TN-based Cogent said it ended its relationship with M2ComSys, the vendor hired to transcribe care notes dictated by physicians. The lapse by the medical transcriptions firm left some of those notes, including protected patient health information stored on what was supposed to be a secured website, potentially publicly accessible from May 5 to June 24.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013