Mountain States Health Alliance taps HMA exec for CEO
Mountain States Health Alliance has tapped a veteran health care executive to serve as president and CEO of the Johnson City-based hospital system. Alan Levine will succeed longtime CEO Dennis Vonderfecht effective Jan. 6, 2014. Vonderfecht announced in February his plans to retire at the end of 2013. Levine, 46, will head to upper East Tennessee from Florida, where he is a Health Management Associates senior vice president and the president of the Florida Group, responsible for operations of 23 hospitals, several surgery centers, physician practices and other support functions across the state, according to Health Management's website.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus