Mountain States Health Alliance taps HMA exec for CEO
Mountain States Health Alliance has tapped a veteran health care executive to serve as president and CEO of the Johnson City-based hospital system. Alan Levine will succeed longtime CEO Dennis Vonderfecht effective Jan. 6, 2014. Vonderfecht announced in February his plans to retire at the end of 2013. Levine, 46, will head to upper East Tennessee from Florida, where he is a Health Management Associates senior vice president and the president of the Florida Group, responsible for operations of 23 hospitals, several surgery centers, physician practices and other support functions across the state, according to Health Management's website.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'