Fauquier Health, LifePoint sign partnership agreement
Fauquier Health and Tennessee-based LifePoint Hospitals have officially partnered, giving Fauquier Hospital the resources to expand and improve its services, upgrade its facilities, add new technology and develop better ways of recruiting and retaining physicians. According to a Fauquier Health spokeswoman, the Fauquier Health Board of Directors and LifePoint officials recently signed a definitive agreement to form a joint venture to mutually own and operate Fauquier Health, including Fauquier Hospital and its related assets. The agreement will also grant LifePoint with 80 percent ownership and Fauquier Health with 20 percent. It must be reviewed and approved by the Attorney General of Virginia.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'