CVS/pharmacies expand retail clinics in LA in response to healthcare market demand
Got the sniffles and a cough at 7 p.m. on a weekday? Right now, you might run to the nearest drug store to peruse cough medicines and seek out the softest box of tissues. But the increased availability of clinics in retail drug stores means there is a growing likelihood you could also stop in for a medical evaluation — and possibly even leave with a prescription medication. By the end of October, CVS/pharmacy said it will have added eight walk-in clinics to its Louisiana stores, five of them in the New Orleans regional area.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Open Payments Site Launches to User Complaints