Holy Cross Hospital's parent company taps Rick Gilfillan as new CEO
CHE Trinity Health, the parent of Holy Cross Health in Silver Spring, named former Obama administration official Dr. Richard "Rick" Gilfillan as its new CEO Tuesday. Gilfillan is probably best known in Washington for being the first director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, a creation of the 2010 Affordable Care Act that funded and encouraged unconventional health payment reforms. Gilfillan also served as CEO of Geisinger Health Plan in Pennsylvania and was a senior executive for Bethesda-based Coventry Health Care. His medical degree is from Georgetown University.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations