Holy Cross Hospital's parent company taps Rick Gilfillan as new CEO
CHE Trinity Health, the parent of Holy Cross Health in Silver Spring, named former Obama administration official Dr. Richard "Rick" Gilfillan as its new CEO Tuesday. Gilfillan is probably best known in Washington for being the first director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, a creation of the 2010 Affordable Care Act that funded and encouraged unconventional health payment reforms. Gilfillan also served as CEO of Geisinger Health Plan in Pennsylvania and was a senior executive for Bethesda-based Coventry Health Care. His medical degree is from Georgetown University.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs