CEO Exchange: Top Execs Share Insights, Solutions, and Strategies
With 40 hospital and health system chief executives attending HealthLeaders Media's second annual CEO Exchange, my challenge is to analyze their insights on reimbursement and the impact of health reform, and overall cost reduction and efficiency—their top priorities.
>>>SLIDESHOW: HealthLeaders Media CEO Exchange
At a time of unprecedented change for hospital and health system leaders and their organizations, nearly 40 top leaders from hospitals and health systems around the country gathered this week for the second annual HealthLeaders Media CEO Exchange at the Boca Raton Beach Club in Florida.
Against a backdrop of value beginning to usurp volume as the driver of ultimate success, the CEOs of major healthcare organizations gathered in small groups to discuss clinical realignment, new trends in payer relationships, and evolving cost reduction strategies.
The group sessions gave CEOs a forum to discuss innovations, gain perspective, and share ideas on strategies that have worked, and those that have not, in an attempt to speed the transitions that all healthcare organizations need to make.
To build the agenda for the two days of small-group discussions, HealthLeaders surveyed the attendees beforehand on their priorities and plans. Two challenges rise overwhelmingly to the top: reimbursement and the impact of health reform, and overall cost reduction and efficiency. The CEOs also named these their top financial priorities for the year ahead.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers