CEO Exchange: Top Execs Share Insights, Solutions, and Strategies
With 40 hospital and health system chief executives attending HealthLeaders Media's second annual CEO Exchange, my challenge is to analyze their insights on reimbursement and the impact of health reform, and overall cost reduction and efficiency—their top priorities.
>>>SLIDESHOW: HealthLeaders Media CEO Exchange
At a time of unprecedented change for hospital and health system leaders and their organizations, nearly 40 top leaders from hospitals and health systems around the country gathered this week for the second annual HealthLeaders Media CEO Exchange at the Boca Raton Beach Club in Florida.
Against a backdrop of value beginning to usurp volume as the driver of ultimate success, the CEOs of major healthcare organizations gathered in small groups to discuss clinical realignment, new trends in payer relationships, and evolving cost reduction strategies.
The group sessions gave CEOs a forum to discuss innovations, gain perspective, and share ideas on strategies that have worked, and those that have not, in an attempt to speed the transitions that all healthcare organizations need to make.
To build the agenda for the two days of small-group discussions, HealthLeaders surveyed the attendees beforehand on their priorities and plans. Two challenges rise overwhelmingly to the top: reimbursement and the impact of health reform, and overall cost reduction and efficiency. The CEOs also named these their top financial priorities for the year ahead.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform