CommonWell EHR Interoperability Pilot Announced
The electronic health record vendors in the first series of CommonWell Alliance pilots include Allscripts, Athenahealth, Cerner, CPSI, Greenway, McKesson, RelayHealth and Sunquest. Testing will begin January 1.
CommonWell Alliance announced Wednesday three regions in Illinois, North Carolina, and South Carolina where pilot testing of its cross-vendor EHR interoperability services will commence January 1.
Participating providers include Lake Shore Obstetrics & Gynecology in Chicago; Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital in Elkin, N.C.; Maria Parham Medical Center in Henderson, N.C., and Midlands Orthopaedics and Palmetto Health, both of Columbia, S.C.
The electronic health record vendors in this first series of CommonWell pilots are provided by CommonWell founding companies Allscripts, Athenahealth, Cerner, CPSI, Greenway, McKesson and Sunquest. RelayHealth, a co-founder, is providing health information exchange services between participating EHRs.
According to CommonWell, RelayHealth and the participating provider sites will be validating a patient-centric identity and matching approach, as well as a consent-driven record sharing and retrieval process across care facilities.
Specifically, the initial participating providers will support the launch by enrolling patients into the service and managing patient consent protocol. They will identify whether other provider participants have data for a patient that is enrolled in the network when the patient is at their setting of care, and transmit data to another provider that has consent to view data on that enrolled patient.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic