VT hospital says 30 days to gauge new payments
It will be at least 30 days before officials at Vermont's largest hospital know how well the transition is going to the new health insurance system that is going to start making and paying claims on behalf of patients, an official at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington said Monday. Shannon Lonergan, the director of registration at Fletcher Allen, said she anticipated some troubles in the transition, which begins Wednesday, especially from patients who have enrolled in the new health care system through the Vermont Health Connect system but have not yet received their insurance cards.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- When a hospital closes