Review queries for ICD-10 focus, compliance
The results of a December ACDIS survey show the CDI profession toddling toward the ICD-10-CM/PCS transition, says founding ACDIS advisory board member Gloryanne Bryant, BS, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CDIP, CCDS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and HIM professional in Fremont, Calif.
“Those who haven’t had any training whatsoever need to move ahead, start with an orientation or awareness of ICD-10 code set,” Bryant says. One of the simplest ways to do that is to evaluate your queries and audit them for ICD-10-CM/PCS opportunities. And the good news, according to the survey results, is that many programs have already started doing so.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told