Review queries for ICD-10 focus, compliance
The results of a December ACDIS survey show the CDI profession toddling toward the ICD-10-CM/PCS transition, says founding ACDIS advisory board member Gloryanne Bryant, BS, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CDIP, CCDS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and HIM professional in Fremont, Calif.
“Those who haven’t had any training whatsoever need to move ahead, start with an orientation or awareness of ICD-10 code set,” Bryant says. One of the simplest ways to do that is to evaluate your queries and audit them for ICD-10-CM/PCS opportunities. And the good news, according to the survey results, is that many programs have already started doing so.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts