Review queries for ICD-10 focus, compliance
The results of a December ACDIS survey show the CDI profession toddling toward the ICD-10-CM/PCS transition, says founding ACDIS advisory board member Gloryanne Bryant, BS, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CDIP, CCDS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and HIM professional in Fremont, Calif.
“Those who haven’t had any training whatsoever need to move ahead, start with an orientation or awareness of ICD-10 code set,” Bryant says. One of the simplest ways to do that is to evaluate your queries and audit them for ICD-10-CM/PCS opportunities. And the good news, according to the survey results, is that many programs have already started doing so.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care