Review queries for ICD-10 focus, compliance
The results of a December ACDIS survey show the CDI profession toddling toward the ICD-10-CM/PCS transition, says founding ACDIS advisory board member Gloryanne Bryant, BS, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CDIP, CCDS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and HIM professional in Fremont, Calif.
“Those who haven’t had any training whatsoever need to move ahead, start with an orientation or awareness of ICD-10 code set,” Bryant says. One of the simplest ways to do that is to evaluate your queries and audit them for ICD-10-CM/PCS opportunities. And the good news, according to the survey results, is that many programs have already started doing so.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers