Review queries for ICD-10 focus, compliance
The results of a December ACDIS survey show the CDI profession toddling toward the ICD-10-CM/PCS transition, says founding ACDIS advisory board member Gloryanne Bryant, BS, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CDIP, CCDS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and HIM professional in Fremont, Calif.
“Those who haven’t had any training whatsoever need to move ahead, start with an orientation or awareness of ICD-10 code set,” Bryant says. One of the simplest ways to do that is to evaluate your queries and audit them for ICD-10-CM/PCS opportunities. And the good news, according to the survey results, is that many programs have already started doing so.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion