On 'Meet the Press,' Noseworthy says healthcare system in US needs restructuring
While saying health care reform is a good start, Mayo Clinic CEO Dr. John Noseworthy cited a need to address the "sustainability of Medicare" as well as other issues while speaking on "Meet The Press with David Gregory" this morning. Dr. Noseworthy appeared on the live news show alongside Dr. Toby Cosgrove, CEO of the Cleveland Clinic, to discuss "How does Obamacare impact your health coverage?" The Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, is a good beginning, he said, but it's important to be working on improvement in many segments of the health care industry. "The long-term sustainability of Medicare is something no one has taken on yet," said Noseworthy.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL