BlueCross CEO Bill Gracey takes health care personally
From Bill Gracey's perspective, the tangled mess of health care seems like a surmountable problem. Gracey is CEO of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, and his career has run the gamut. He has worked in psych wards, community hospitals, teaching hospitals, rural hospitals, doctors' practices and home health agencies. Before joining BlueCross in 2010, he held top executive positions at other major Nashville-area health care companies, such as HCA and LifePoint. He spoke with Tennessean reporter Shelley DuBois about his vision for the industry.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers