$400,000 paycheck for new WY hospital CEO
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center's new chief executive officer earns $400,000 a year. Margo Karsten officially started Feb. 1 and has a three-year contract with the board. She was interim CEO before that, starting in September 2013 when the hospital's former leader, John Lucas, retired. Karsten was hired as the interim chief operating officer in July 2013. Her compensation plan as CEO also includes an incentive package that bases additional pay on achieving goals. These goals are in areas like quality of patient care, patient satisfaction, employee engagement and finances.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings