$400,000 paycheck for new WY hospital CEO
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center's new chief executive officer earns $400,000 a year. Margo Karsten officially started Feb. 1 and has a three-year contract with the board. She was interim CEO before that, starting in September 2013 when the hospital's former leader, John Lucas, retired. Karsten was hired as the interim chief operating officer in July 2013. Her compensation plan as CEO also includes an incentive package that bases additional pay on achieving goals. These goals are in areas like quality of patient care, patient satisfaction, employee engagement and finances.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse