Western PA to get taste of TN-style for-profit health care
Barbecue and country music may be Tennessee’s best-known exports, but its biggest is actually for-profit hospital administration — and Western Pennsylvania is about to get a taste.While Pittsburgh’s health care landscape is dominated by locally owned nonprofit hospital networks, in the distant suburbs two independent community hospitals have been purchased by Nashville-area health chains in the last few months. A third hospital is considering such a move.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers