Surgeons, physicians top CareerCast list of 10 best-paying jobs
The occupations deemed to be the top 10 best-paying professions by job search website CareerCast have a few things in common: Most require extensive training or education and many are intensely stressful. Seven of the 10 – including physicians, psychiatrists and orthodontists – are in the healthcare sector. Surgeons are the best paid, earning an average annual salary of $233,150 nationwide, with job openings projected to grow 18% by 2022. In California, surgeons earn $222,550 a year and can look forward to a forecast 19% boost in jobs by 2020.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers