Highmark, PA Insurance Dept.issue post-UPMC transition plan
With its post-UPMC transition plan now public, Highmark says many issues stemming from the insurer's Jan. 1 separation from UPMC will be clarified, although there remain some unanswered questions that remain to be worked out. One important tool that should help answer a lot of those question is Highmark's new website — YourNetwork2015.com — where individual patients can find out whether their particular doctor or specialist is among those who will be in Highmark's network next year. The website allows Highmark customers — or anyone else — to search for physicians by specialty and by location. The list of available physicians generated by the user's query explains the physician's affiliation — UPMC, Allegheny Health Network, community hospital, independent practice or some combination of the four.
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Driving Down Claims Denials