Hospital chain breach: How expensive?
The price tag for resolving the data breach at Community Health Systems that affected 4.5 million patients could potentially exceed $100 million, by some estimates. But how much will cyber-insurance cover? In an 8-K filing with the Security and Exchange Commission on Aug. 18, Community Health Systems says the 206-hospital chain "carries cyber/privacy liability insurance to protect it against certain losses related to matters of this nature. While this matter may result in remediation expenses, regulatory inquiries, litigation and other liabilities, at this time, the company does not believe this incident will have a material adverse effect on its business or financial results."
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Aligning Executive Compensation with Provider Mission
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health