Advances in Communication
As a senior editor at HealthLeaders magazine, I'm continually hearing new ways that hospitals communicate, be it through an innovative leadership development institute, a new method for communicating critical test results, or a process for reconciling medications in order to comply with The Joint Commission. Communication, it seems, is at the heart of every best practice and the root of almost every medical error. And senior leaders are in constant need of ways to make communication clearer, more effective, and timely.
The same is true here at HealthLeaders Media--that's why we want our communication with you to be as helpful, informative, and timely as possible. I'm pleased to launch our new e-newsletter, HealthLeaders Media Corner Office, a weekly compilation of pressing news, commentary, and features from the field.
In the weeks ahead, this e-newsletter will tackle topics like executive development and compensation, emerging competitors both near and far, service line strategies, hot topics in patient safety and satisfaction, and other leadership must-haves.
As the Leadership editor, I have the best gig going. Not only do I get to write about the intricacies of hospital management, I get to write about leadership in general. To this end, the Corner Office will include the occasional piece on good leadership strategy--no matter what you're leading. I'll do my best to capture the views, concerns, and frustrations of a hospital leader, but I look to you for insight as to what information you need-or when you think I don't know what I'm talking about. What keeps you up at night? What makes you sleep a little sounder? Whether you want to contribute or you have an opinion, I want to hear about it.
Since you received this today, you probably were a subscriber of Healthcare Leadership Trend Watch or HealthLeaders Media Weekly. Don't worry; we'll still compile the weekly news items that most impact hospital senior leaders, but we'll also include a little more in the way of commentary and columns, contributed features, and audio interviews.
So, I look forward to communicating with you a little more efficiently every week, and I hope you'll email me with ideas for how I can do that better.
Molly Rowe is leadership editor with HealthLeaders magazine. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care