Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
"A for-profit is going to do what a for-profit does, which is eat smaller fish."
-Jim Moffatt, chairman of Athens-Limestone Hospital's board of directors, on why Athens-Limestone opposes a 60-bed hospital in nearby Madison, AL, run by Crestwood Medical Center and its parent company Community Health Systems.
"They think they're invincible. And even though their premiums are small . they don't want to pay them."
-Sheila Schuster, co-chair of Kentuckians for Health Care Reform, referring to young adults who are uninsured.
"It was like being a car in a pit stop at NASCAR."
-Willard "Ziggy" Hill, a heart-attack patient who within 90 minutes of arriving at a small community hospital in North Carolina was having a blocked artery reopened at Duke University Medical Center 25 miles away--thanks to a statewide program to provide faster cardiac care.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Ascension, Carondelet to Partner with Tenet, Dignity Health
- Rural Means Older and Sicker, Data Confirms