Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
"A for-profit is going to do what a for-profit does, which is eat smaller fish."
-Jim Moffatt, chairman of Athens-Limestone Hospital's board of directors, on why Athens-Limestone opposes a 60-bed hospital in nearby Madison, AL, run by Crestwood Medical Center and its parent company Community Health Systems.
"They think they're invincible. And even though their premiums are small . they don't want to pay them."
-Sheila Schuster, co-chair of Kentuckians for Health Care Reform, referring to young adults who are uninsured.
"It was like being a car in a pit stop at NASCAR."
-Willard "Ziggy" Hill, a heart-attack patient who within 90 minutes of arriving at a small community hospital in North Carolina was having a blocked artery reopened at Duke University Medical Center 25 miles away--thanks to a statewide program to provide faster cardiac care.
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014