Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
"A for-profit is going to do what a for-profit does, which is eat smaller fish."
-Jim Moffatt, chairman of Athens-Limestone Hospital's board of directors, on why Athens-Limestone opposes a 60-bed hospital in nearby Madison, AL, run by Crestwood Medical Center and its parent company Community Health Systems.
"They think they're invincible. And even though their premiums are small . they don't want to pay them."
-Sheila Schuster, co-chair of Kentuckians for Health Care Reform, referring to young adults who are uninsured.
"It was like being a car in a pit stop at NASCAR."
-Willard "Ziggy" Hill, a heart-attack patient who within 90 minutes of arriving at a small community hospital in North Carolina was having a blocked artery reopened at Duke University Medical Center 25 miles away--thanks to a statewide program to provide faster cardiac care.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality