Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
"A for-profit is going to do what a for-profit does, which is eat smaller fish."
-Jim Moffatt, chairman of Athens-Limestone Hospital's board of directors, on why Athens-Limestone opposes a 60-bed hospital in nearby Madison, AL, run by Crestwood Medical Center and its parent company Community Health Systems.
"They think they're invincible. And even though their premiums are small . they don't want to pay them."
-Sheila Schuster, co-chair of Kentuckians for Health Care Reform, referring to young adults who are uninsured.
"It was like being a car in a pit stop at NASCAR."
-Willard "Ziggy" Hill, a heart-attack patient who within 90 minutes of arriving at a small community hospital in North Carolina was having a blocked artery reopened at Duke University Medical Center 25 miles away--thanks to a statewide program to provide faster cardiac care.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs