Creating Your Future
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
This article appears in the May 2012 issue of HealthLeaders magazine.
The publications and pursuits of HealthLeaders Media all speak to the C-level executives and VP-level leaders who run healthcare organizations: this monthly magazine; our website, HealthLeadersMedia.com, updated daily with original content; our series of 10 weekly e-newsletters; in-depth multimedia reports, events, and webcasts; and the HealthLeaders Media Council of executives, who contribute to our monthly Intelligence Reports.
Through all of these publications, we examine the critical issues facing CFOs, such as how to map out the revenue cycle (page 52 in this issue); the concerns of CIOs, such as decision-support systems (page 40); and the big issues that can be resolved only by CEOs, such as medical care for the uninsured (page 34).
A few far-reaching topics, such as ACOs, cut across the entire C-suite and affect the whole organization. Our cover story (page 10), by Senior Editor Margaret Dick Tocknell, shows how hospitals, physicians, and health plans are forming partnerships to prepare for the shift to value-based care. Notably, these organizations aren't necessarily following the Medicare or Pioneer ACO models. Because their needs vary, healthcare leaders are tailoring the ACO concept for their own ends.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance