Creating Your Future
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
This article appears in the May 2012 issue of HealthLeaders magazine.
The publications and pursuits of HealthLeaders Media all speak to the C-level executives and VP-level leaders who run healthcare organizations: this monthly magazine; our website, HealthLeadersMedia.com, updated daily with original content; our series of 10 weekly e-newsletters; in-depth multimedia reports, events, and webcasts; and the HealthLeaders Media Council of executives, who contribute to our monthly Intelligence Reports.
Through all of these publications, we examine the critical issues facing CFOs, such as how to map out the revenue cycle (page 52 in this issue); the concerns of CIOs, such as decision-support systems (page 40); and the big issues that can be resolved only by CEOs, such as medical care for the uninsured (page 34).
A few far-reaching topics, such as ACOs, cut across the entire C-suite and affect the whole organization. Our cover story (page 10), by Senior Editor Margaret Dick Tocknell, shows how hospitals, physicians, and health plans are forming partnerships to prepare for the shift to value-based care. Notably, these organizations aren't necessarily following the Medicare or Pioneer ACO models. Because their needs vary, healthcare leaders are tailoring the ACO concept for their own ends.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers