Intelligence, Analysis, and the Big Issues
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
This article appears in the July 2012 issue of HealthLeaders magazine.
Two years ago we asked our readers to join the newly formed HealthLeaders Media Council, consisting of leaders from hospitals and healthcare organizations who saw the value of rigorous research on healthcare issues and solutions compiled through their peers.
Through surveys and interviews of council members, Research Director Ann Mackay and our editors have produced a monthly series of award-winning Intelligence Reports on the economics of care, physician alignment, patient experience, cost control, and many other strategic topics. The council has grown to more than 5,000 executives, each vetted for qualification and agreeing to contribute to our research.
Beginning this month, we are expanding our Intelligence Reports from a single format to three monthly versions. The standard report that readers have come to count on will continue to be available on our website and will be excerpted in this magazine’s pages.
Research Analyst Mike Zeis explores our 2012 Clinical Quality and Safety Survey through the responses of 330 Council members, the guidance of three senior healthcare executives serving as report advisors, and multiple interviews. This unique research will remain accessible at no cost.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion