Letters to the Editor
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
Point of Clarification
HealthLeaders' February 2007 article, "Found in Translation," was very interesting. It publicized the field of telephonic language interpretation, which many people seem to know little about. However, I would like to point out that the term "translate" technically refers to the written word. "Interpret" and "interpretation" should have been used in the context of your article to describe the telephonic services, as the terms refer to the spoken word.
Center for Women in Government & Civil Society Fellow Office of Local Health Services New York State Department of Health
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians