"Children's Memorial is an extraordinary place, filled with remarkable people and life-changing experiences," says the hospital's Web site. "It is a beacon of hope and healing, a home for heroes."
The campaign, which includes print, radio, tv and online, was designed to appeal to the target demographic--parents of potential patients. With touching stories and well-executed imagery, each campaign element focuses on a different service area or is aimed at a specific target audience, extending the campaign's reach.
One ad, for example, features a patient named Jake. Though the ad only shows children's hands holding a baseball, the creative message brings a sense of lighthearted humor to Jake's very serious story. The consistent mix between humor and the description of successful treatment make this campaign stand out. (Click to view full sized version.)
Pages on the hospital's Website, which encourage patients and their families to submit their own heroic stories, showcase the stories and images of the children featured in the campaign as well.
The most notable feature of this campaign, however, is that it maintains Children's Memorial Hospital's brand image while introducing a new concept. The campaign gives a warmth and personal appeal to the facility and shows that Children's Memorial is only as good as its patients, employees, and the community members who help to make it what it is.
Kandace Mclaughlin is an editor with HealthLeaders magazine. Send her Campaign Spotlight ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans