An ad with talking pandas, maybe, but not with Chinese accents
New York Times, February 6, 2008
The sponsor of two commercials featured during the Super Bowl XLII for Salesgenie.com has promised to stop running one of them after complaints from viewers about the characters' ethnic accents. The decision means that for the second consecutive year criticism will have caused the withdrawal of Super Bowl commercials. After last year's Super Bowl, two spots were taken off the air due to viewer complaints that they were inappropriate.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law