Online videos vie for patients' minds and hearts
The Tennessean, February 21, 2008
The online video-sharing site YouTube has become a battleground in the competition among Nashville-area hospitals for heart care patients. Saint Thomas Health Services and Vanderbilt University Medical Center are trying to generate word-of-mouth marketing by posting videos on the site with testimonials from patients. Doctors and staff also talk up their own experience on the video clips as well.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers