Why go to Boston? Hospitals make pitch for patients to stay local
The Eagle Tribune, February 26, 2008
Under a new partnership that sets aside years of rivalry, a group of five community hospitals in the Merrimack Valley region of Massachusetts is launching a campaign to encourage residents to stay local for their medical care. The effort is called the "I-495 Partnership" after the interstate highway that links hospitals from Lowell to Newburyport. The five hospitals all invested cash in a Web site and marketing campaign.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care