Why is service line growth so new to hospital executives?
In his Heath Markets Guru blog, Michael Harris asks "why is service line growth so new to hospital executives?" He says administrators at one hospital said that they are "finally ready to take this seriously" when talking about service lines. "It never ceases to amaze me how health organizations rarely applied the practices of health diagnostics and treatment to their own fiscal stealth," he says.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013