Why is service line growth so new to hospital executives?
In his Heath Markets Guru blog, Michael Harris asks "why is service line growth so new to hospital executives?" He says administrators at one hospital said that they are "finally ready to take this seriously" when talking about service lines. "It never ceases to amaze me how health organizations rarely applied the practices of health diagnostics and treatment to their own fiscal stealth," he says.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations