Why is service line growth so new to hospital executives?
In his Heath Markets Guru blog, Michael Harris asks "why is service line growth so new to hospital executives?" He says administrators at one hospital said that they are "finally ready to take this seriously" when talking about service lines. "It never ceases to amaze me how health organizations rarely applied the practices of health diagnostics and treatment to their own fiscal stealth," he says.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion