Why is service line growth so new to hospital executives?
In his Heath Markets Guru blog, Michael Harris asks "why is service line growth so new to hospital executives?" He says administrators at one hospital said that they are "finally ready to take this seriously" when talking about service lines. "It never ceases to amaze me how health organizations rarely applied the practices of health diagnostics and treatment to their own fiscal stealth," he says.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty