Some may see better with Lasik alternatives
Lasik alternatives have virtually no advertising and attract far fewer patients. Tragic testimony before the Food and Drug Administration reinforced warnings that Lasik does come with risks--lost vision, painful dry eye, glare and other night-vision problems. Aggressive marketing makes patients falsely believe clear sight is guaranteed, complained Jayne Weiss, MD, of Detroit's Kresge Eye Institute.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest