Campaigns for hospital well spent?
The Herald News, May 21, 2008
Silver Cross Hospital, in Joliet, IL, plans on spending $398 million to move to a new facility in nearby New Lenox. A large portion of that money is being used on a marketing campaign to convince the public of the benefits of the move. The city of Joliet, however, is spending big bucks in legal advice in an attempt to force the hospital to stay where it is.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians