Campaigns for hospital well spent?
The Herald News, May 21, 2008
Silver Cross Hospital, in Joliet, IL, plans on spending $398 million to move to a new facility in nearby New Lenox. A large portion of that money is being used on a marketing campaign to convince the public of the benefits of the move. The city of Joliet, however, is spending big bucks in legal advice in an attempt to force the hospital to stay where it is.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion