Campaigns for hospital well spent?
The Herald News, May 21, 2008
Silver Cross Hospital, in Joliet, IL, plans on spending $398 million to move to a new facility in nearby New Lenox. A large portion of that money is being used on a marketing campaign to convince the public of the benefits of the move. The city of Joliet, however, is spending big bucks in legal advice in an attempt to force the hospital to stay where it is.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality