Expand federal Web site on hospital quality data
Des Moines Register, May 28, 2008
Providing information about hospitals is a move in the right direction in this country, where it's virtually impossible for patients to find out everything from the price of a procedure to discipline taken against doctors to how many people died from infections in a certain hospital, says this editorial from the Des Moines Register. But Hospital Compare has a lot of room to grow in providing needed information for consumers, say the editors.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals