Patient Web sites used for news, support in crisis
AP/Yahoo News, June 10, 2008
Using free online services like CaringBridge and CarePages and their user-friendly formats, patients can quickly set up a Web site to share news about their treatments. Patients themselves or family members write about treatment and recovery from illnesses, accidents or other medical crises, such as a premature births. Both online services were born out of medical emergencies, and have been used by tens of thousands of patients.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care