Patient Web sites used for news, support in crisis
AP/Yahoo News, June 10, 2008
Using free online services like CaringBridge and CarePages and their user-friendly formats, patients can quickly set up a Web site to share news about their treatments. Patients themselves or family members write about treatment and recovery from illnesses, accidents or other medical crises, such as a premature births. Both online services were born out of medical emergencies, and have been used by tens of thousands of patients.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013