New chef at Pennsylvania hospital plans big changes
Mt. Lebanon, PA-based St. Clair Hospital is teaming with Cura Hospitality in planning sweeping changes not only in menus but also in the entire approach to shopping for, cooking, and serving meals. Renovations are under way at the hospital that will allow for restaurant-quality takeout food for the staff, a "salads-by-design" bar, and grab-and-go fresh foods that can be ordered via a touch-screen device. A long-term goal for the hospital includes room service dining for patients, which would provide even wider menu choices.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness