Kaiser’s Olympic Launch
Previously, the campaign's creative and messages focused on prevention, wellness, and "thriving" at every stage of life. The newest theme will be "Spread Health" and will highlight the work that the organization has done to spread health knowledge to the community.
"I think the best way to describe it as an extension of the campaign which has been underway for four years now," says Christine Paige, senior vice president of marketing and Internet services for Kaiser Permanente. "The campaign has focused on our approach to total health—this view takes it more into the community and the world."
The current campaign uses a multi-integrated approach featuring TV spots that premiered during the opening ceremonies for viewers in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Georgia, and parts of Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia, and Hawaii.
Launching the TV spots during the start of the Olympics was a strategic move based on reaching Kaiser's target consumer. "People who are interested in health and the kind of message that we are trying to send are also interested in the Olympics," says Paige. "Plus August is always the time we launch campaigns, so timing-wise it also worked out well."
Kaiser also plans to explore non-traditional advertising approaches such as bus and train wraps, cinema spots, ads in public transit areas, and displays in gyms.
Overall, Paige says, the campaign has been a success since its rollout in 2004. "The campaign has performed beautifully for us," says Paige. "It has moved our perception indexes with both consumers and employer customers. And it's also been a tremendous hit internally and a motivator as well."
Kandace McLaughlin is an editor with HealthLeaders magazine. Send her Campaign Spotlight ideas at email@example.com If you are a marketer submitting a campaign on behalf of your facility or client, please ensure you have permission before doing so.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments