The marketing of a doctor
Anas' Weblog, August 20, 2008
Although the hospital needs to establish itself as a center of excellence, the individual doctors are the most important element in hospital marketing, according to this posting from Anas' Weblog. When a doctor first starts working for a hospital, they will draw new patients largely from the pool of patients they have previously treated. But doctors need to work with hospital marketers to increase the size of that patient pool from the beginning, the author says.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'