The marketing of a doctor
Anas' Weblog, August 20, 2008
Although the hospital needs to establish itself as a center of excellence, the individual doctors are the most important element in hospital marketing, according to this posting from Anas' Weblog. When a doctor first starts working for a hospital, they will draw new patients largely from the pool of patients they have previously treated. But doctors need to work with hospital marketers to increase the size of that patient pool from the beginning, the author says.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream