$1 million closer to a $175 million touchdown
Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis received the gift to assist with an ongoing capital campaign called "Riley's Hope Happens Here: The Campaign for Indiana's Children," which has a goal of $175 million. "This franchise had brought tremendous recognition to Indiana because of its athletic accomplishments but also because of its outstanding work on behalf of the community." Riley Children's Foundation Board of Governors Chairman Jim Morris said in a statement. "We are grateful that the Colts have chosen Riley Hospital as the recipient of their philanthropy and as an ongoing partner in helping children throughout our state."
The Colts also intend to work with Riley on several projects and activities to assist children throughout the state, one of which is Kids Caring & Sharing, a fundraising effort led by the Indiana Association of School Principals and Riley.
Colts head coach Tony Dungy recently visited Riley to film a commercial encouraging the community to support the hospital's cause. "I feel blessed to have met and spent time with so many children and families who are going through a difficult time" he said. "I am always deeply touched by their courage and overwhelmed by the skill and compassion of the Riley staff members who care for them."
"Children in the hospital thrive on seeing the athletes," says Jason Mueller, manager of communications for the Riley Children's Foundation. "The Colts had already partnered at some degree just by visiting the kids in the hospital. This gift announcement really just formalizes things and shows the Colts dedication to the Indiana community."
Kandace McLaughlin is an editor with HealthLeaders magazine. Send her Campaign Spotlight ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org If you are a marketer submitting a campaign on behalf of your facility or client, please ensure you have permission before doing so.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed