Uncle Sam, secret Medicare shopper
Wall Street Journal (blog), December 8, 2008
Contractors Booz Allen Hamilton and Advanced Pharmacy Concepts recently joined 30 CMS officials in a series of 240 "secret shopping" missions involving 30 health plans. Mystery shoppers working for the government have found that some insurance companies weren't giving out full information on deductibles, restrictions, and co-pays for private Medicare plans. CMS froze one firm's marketing and has sent warning letters to some others, as a result.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives