Patients aren't looking at hospital quality data, but they should be
Better Health's Dr. Val spoke with Dr. Michael Shabot, Memorial Hermann Hospital System's Chief Medical Officer, about the steps his hospital is taking to improve patient safety and healthcare quality. The hospital recently won 2008 National Health System Patient Safety Leadership Award.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians