2009: The year of brand Darwinism
Ries' Pieces, January 14, 2009
Many brands didn't live to see 2009. Some of the casualties of 2008 included Linens N' Things, Sharper Image, KB Toys, and Mervyns. But this is a good thing, writes Laura Ries, president of Ries & Ries, an Atlanta-based marketing strategy firm. "It is brand Darwinism at its best, survival of the fittest," Ries writes.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law