Campaign Spotlight: Atlanta System Creates "Spot" for Healthy Families
With the goal of standing out among the many Web sites geared toward children, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta has launched a new online "spot" dedicated to promoting healthy families. The site includes educational games such as "Spelling Bee," "Time for Bed," and "Mission Nutrition." For parents, the site has healthy meal suggestions, exercise trackers, and body mass index trackers.
"While most wellness sites separately focus on either adults or says said Lucy Klausner, executive director of child health promotion at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. "Research has shown that family participation is noted to be one of the most effective ways to incorporate a healthy lifestyle for children and young adults."
The three-hospital system created the site to help families learn how to keep tabs on their children's activity and nutrition and experiment with health motivators, such as rewarding the child's healthy decisions with interactive games and reward points. The Web site has information geared toward parents, teens, and younger children. The home page features health headlines, children's activities, and healthy meal suggestions.
"MyFamilyHealthSpot.org is a valuable resource not only because it's free, easy to use, and fun for families, but it allows children to take an active role in their own health," added Klausner.
Marianne Aiello is an editor with HealthLeaders Media. She may be reached at email@example.com.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight