Labor groups launch ad campaign for public option
Health Care for America Now, made up of more than 1,000 labor unions and Democratic groups, has started a new advertising campaign on in which it advocates for a government-run health insurance plan by demonizing the health insurance industry. HCAN is spending $1.2 million for a commercial to run for two weeks on national cable television and local Washington, DC, stations. It has also started a round of print advertisements in publications that specialize in coverage of Congress.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts