Fight over Medicare cuts intensifies
Wall Street Journal, September 30, 2009
The battle over proposed cuts to private Medicare plans is heating up, as the liberal group Americans United for Change released a Halloween-themed ad protesting what it called Republican "fear mongering" over proposed cuts in Medicare Advantage amounting to $100 billion over a decade. The ad takes on Humana Inc. Chief Executive Michael B. McCallister and GOP leaders who oppose the spending cuts and the Medicare agency's effort to stop Humana from enlisting seniors in its fight.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts