Social media consults may harbor dangers
As consumers continue to flock to the internet and social media sites, so do physicians. In fact, 86% of U.S. physicians said they use the Internet to gather health, medical or prescription drug information, according to a recent Google study. But unlike ordinary consumers, physician internet and social media use comes with risks.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch