Integrated Campaign ’Connects’ With Patients
For years, MultiCare Health System was neck-and-neck with another healthcare provider, jockeying for first place in the Seattle market. But a few years ago the 500-bed system began losing ground and needed a way to secure the No. 1 spot for good. So MultiCare launched an integrated campaign build brand awareness and increase preference in the Puget Sound market.
MultiCare marketers wanted to leverage the brand as a leader in connected care. "With 8,300 employees, 93 sites of care, and four hospitals, MultiCare is able to deliver a higher standard of care for the people of the South Puget Sound,” they wrote in their HealthLeaders Media Marketer Awards submission form. The "Better Connected” campaign won a platinum award in the integrated category.
The campaign consisted of print, outdoor, TV, radio, and online elements. The creative uses intriguing photography and checklists to emphasize MultiCare's emphasis on connectivity.
"The creative expression in our strategy was summed up in two words: Better Connected,” marketers wrote. "More than just a slogan, it is a real and tangible commitment by MultiCare to deliver a higher standard of care.”
The campaign was a success, with total brand awareness jumping from 68% to 76%. Preference and recognition increased in other areas, as well. Patients who recognize MultiCare as a state-of-the-art technology went from 61% to 73% and non-patients who view MultiCare as a connected health system increased from 36% to 58%.
"This is a very well executed campaign,” wrote one judge. "The use of text boxes inside the photos in the ads is very effective at carrying the message and jest for life that infuses the entire campaign. Excellent photography and great work.”
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses