Majority of nurses recommend health sites to their patients
More than 80% of online nurses recommend health-related websites to their patients, according to Manhattan Research's Taking the Pulse Nurses v10.0 study. It found that these nurses encourage patients to take advantage of health and condition websites and are significantly more likely than physicians to recommend these resources to their patients. Because of this, marketers should not underestimate nurses' roles in their patients' medication and treatment plans. The study also found that the majority of online nurses report that they influence how their patients follow through with their treatment regimens.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments