Stroke treatment at local hospitals makes major strides
A little over a year ago Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital undertook a process to organize the way it treats stroke. Since then the hospital has seen a significant increase in the number of stroke patients discharged. Stroke discharges increased to 80 patients for June, up from 43 patients in June 2009.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?