Brockton Internet birth signals growing use of technology in the delivery room
The Enterprise, September 22, 2010
Skype, Facebook and other technologies are changing childbirth, allowing proud parents to witness births from thousands of miles away and letting loved ones share photos and video online within minutes of a baby?s arrival.While cell phones are not typically allowed in birthing rooms, Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital has permitted the use of Skype in at least two cases.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts