Brockton Internet birth signals growing use of technology in the delivery room
The Enterprise, September 22, 2010
Skype, Facebook and other technologies are changing childbirth, allowing proud parents to witness births from thousands of miles away and letting loved ones share photos and video online within minutes of a baby?s arrival.While cell phones are not typically allowed in birthing rooms, Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital has permitted the use of Skype in at least two cases.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013