Brockton Internet birth signals growing use of technology in the delivery room
The Enterprise, September 22, 2010
Skype, Facebook and other technologies are changing childbirth, allowing proud parents to witness births from thousands of miles away and letting loved ones share photos and video online within minutes of a baby?s arrival.While cell phones are not typically allowed in birthing rooms, Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital has permitted the use of Skype in at least two cases.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers